Hi guys! SO much has happened last month that I’m so excited to recap — first off, WE’RE MARRIED!!
June 10th was truly the absolute B E S T day of our lives. ❤ ❤ ❤ Our wedding was the dream I’ve always had, (I’m so excited to blog about it when we have more pics to share!!). We were completely overwhelmed by the love and support we were surrounded by that day & had the time of our lives celebrating with everyone there. I think my love for Zack grew hundredfold that day. I can truly say I am so so blessed that I get to be his wife — forever! I have never been more happy than I am right now 🙂
The morning after our wedding, we met up with a group of friends for brunch before we jetted off to our honeymoon that night — which was in the beautiful BAHAMAS! Today I am so excited to share more about our trip & what to bring if you’re headed off to a tropical vacation anytime soon.
Let me just start out by saying this: we REALLY wanted to treat ourselves for our honeymoon and go big. We wanted to truly relax, celebrate, and have a once in a lifetime trip. We chose to do a honeymoon with Sandals because a friend of mine had just done her honeymoon there and had raved about it & highly recommended it. We were also looking to do something that was all-inclusive so that we could just be lazy bums and have everything we needed (excursions, food, drinks, etc.) within arms reach so that we could just CHILL out for a whole week… and thats exactly what we did!
Our resort had 2 massive pools with multiple jacuzzis, swim up bars, along with two beaches, a pier, and (i think) 7 restaurants. Everything we needed was on site and that was SO nice because that meant we didn’t have to walk/drive anywhere to sight see/eat/explore/ etc. When booking, we decided to book a suite that came with full service to a butler because, again, we wanted to be the laziest people alive. The butlers reserve cabanas on the beach for you, leave a cooler by the pool with all your favorite drinks for you, make your dinner reservations, bring you breakfast in bed, etc. We probably wouldn’t book one again for future travels, solely because we just feel bad having someone wait on us! But, it was a nice touch for our honeymoon.
I won’t quite give you a day by day recap because every day consisted of a similar schedule:
- get stuffed at the breakfast buffet … there is literally every. single. breakfast food you could possibly imagine there!
- lay on the beach until we had third degree sunburns
- take an afternoon nap
- jet ski or go on a daytime excursion
- go to dinner & get stuffed again
- order chocolate cake via room service & enjoy before bed 🙂
Since our day-to-day routine wasn’t anything versatile, what I will share is what I had, along with what I should have had in my bag — and what you should bring if you’re off to a tropical vacay anytime soon!
- A high SPF sunscreen – face & body — I would suggest bringing multiple bottles, we went through 2 in a week… & probably could have used a third!
- Tanning oil — my favorite is linked here
- Aloe Vera
- Sun Hat — cutest one ever by Brixton
- Sunglasses — my current favorite
- Portable charger
- Bug spray — because those sand / beach flies are the WORST
- Beach bag
- Throw-on clothes for before / after the beach
- Sundresses: I wore this one, this yellow dress, & this romper the most!
- Multiple Suits — my favorite suits from our trip: red top, bottoms, olive green one piece
If you’re looking for a honeymoon spot, or just a vacation spot period, I can tell you Sandals Royal Bahamian is worth every penny and will be amongst one of the most beautiful places you’ve ever seen. We are so glad we honeymooned there & so excited to be home & start our lives together as husband & wife.